January 29, 2013 by Diniquette
Here are some simple guidelines so you can start teaching your children the basics and importance of etiquette:
1. Place your napkin on your lap as soon as you sit down and are settled.
2. Do not start eating until everyone at the table is served.
3. If you need something on the table, do not reach, ask for it to be passed.
4. Don’t talk with food in your mouth….(just don’t do it; gross).
5. Chew with your mouth closed…(again, gross).
6. If you need to use the restroom, ask to be excused.
7. The food should travel from your fork or spoon TO your mouth; not your mouth traveling to the fork or spoon.
8. In between bites; place silverware on opposite sides of the plate: i.e..fork at 4 o’clock and knife at 8 o’clock. This is a signal to the service staff that you are still eating.
9. When your done eating, place silverware together on the plate at 5 o’clock; that is a signal to the service staff that you are done eating.
That’s it. Basic. Easy…..Enjoy.
Thanks for reading.